Saturday, January 10, 2009

Changes...

I feel like a new woman today, after sleeping like a baby last night. There is a part of me that is a bit sad though. When you have to be honest with a friend, it's never easy, especially when they don't believe they've done anything wrong.

You cannot treat people poorly, cursing at them and back-stabbing them, and expect to come out unscathed. There must come a time when you look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Is it me? What did I do?". Some people don't realize that though. Whether or not you use your anger a defense mechanism, which is normal, you cannot abuse the feelings of others. You cannot control people through fear. There is no conspiracy to ruin your life. You aren't that important.

Everyone has a point where they say enough is enough. I reached that point yesterday. Some people reach it at an earlier point in their relationships, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. The only person that seems to hurt is me. Well, no more! It's a new year and a new me!

6 comments:

Calia Yang said...

Mindy - I'm happy that things are anew for you and that you have been able to move forward. will miss you on board - BUT will keep in touch through your blog. You are a very talented person.

Rox-Ann said...

Mindy I am glad you found the peace you so deserve. I have missed visiting with you and hope that changes in the future. Keep the faith.

Jennifer said...

Mindy your words are so true and reading them was like reading what my mind was thinking....twins again I guess. We will be okay...we have a new home and a new life starting...things are good!!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Glad you are finally feeling better! And Jenn is right... fresh start!

Lisamariemlt said...

hey there girlie
first time I've come to your blog I think
love it
your words are really hitting home
hugs
me

alalila said...

Hi girls ; nice to see back here; was wondering where you were. So glad to be on your blog Mindy.