Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Shaker Box Kit

I just love the papers and embellies that Linda puts into her kits at The Shaker Box. Honestly, they are so pretty, I hate to use them. But I've been sitting on these two pictures for awhile now and thought I could work with them. Actually, I couldn't resist. These are two of my favorite subjects, Gabriella and Hayden. Here's what I came up with yesterday afternoon.

I did spend most of the day playing with some markers and stamps. I am experimenting with blending colors and found some great tutorials on YouTube. It's amazing what you can do with markers and ink. After I get my chores done around the house today, I might go play some more!

2 comments:

Karen said...

What sweet pictures! Love those papers! I tend to fall in love with patterned paper and then hold on to it for eons. I'm getting better at breaking that habit though. :>

Anonymous said...

Beautiful LO's. I love how you combine patterned papers!!