Sunday, August 3, 2008

Altered Items

I thought I would try something new yesterday, and I made a tutorial video for the scrapbooking site that I belong to, Making Memories for You. Well, it started as a 25 minute video but I had to cut it down to less than 10 minutes in order for it to upload to YouTube. The project that I made was an altered placemat and it will be used to put under my dog's water bowl in the kitchen. This project was so easy and quick. The more I thought about it, this would be a great project for the kids to do. They could make their own with some of their drawings, or even better those of you that have preschoolers, you could make one using a blank sheet of paper. When it's finished, just give the kids some crayons or dry erase markers and they can practice their handwriting skills and such. When they finish, just wipe it off and they can use it again!

Check out the video.

No comments: