Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bridal Shower Decoration

It's a "towel cake"!!! I have made diaper cakes in the past, but thought I would try this for my niece's bridal shower. It took four each of bath towels, hand towels and washcloths. Putting it together didn't take long, but stringing the beads was tedious. They were actually an afterthought. I had purchased them when I was making baby shower invitations, and had a ton left over, so I just started stringing them together. My friend Vickie came over to help me out and see how to make the cake. She is planning on making one also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this cake Mindy!! I think it turned out great!! Of course I'd never have the patience for the bead stringing! Besided you know the way I work there would be beads all over the place!!

Von said...

I love this-it's even more awesome in person!